What better way is there to capture your precious memories than by collecting them into a scrapbook? I have always wanted to do something creative with our pictures so I decided to make a romantic scrapbook of our first five years together. In those five years we made a lot of memories and of course tons of pictures. First I started by buying a very large album, sorting out all our pictures and gathering as many craft supplies as I could get. But then, how do you start scrapbooking? Making each page creative can be quite a big challenge. Honestly, it took me a lot of work but overall I really enjoyed creating this scrapbook. The best part was reliving those good old memories together with my boyfriend.
You can make a scrapbook for any occassion you want. For example you can make one of your vacation or perhaps of your baby’s first year. Holidays, birthdays and weddings are also very popular scrapbook themes. If you’re considering to make a scrapbook for the love of your life but don’t know where to start, I have 20 romantic scrapbook ideas for you that will help you out.
1. To begin with, use different types of patterned paper and coloured paper to give each scrapbook page an unique look. Of course you can buy your patterned paper but you can also print it from the internet or create it yourself.
3. Include a “together list” to your scrapbook which is basically a bucketlist for all the things you still wish to do together.
5. The more different textures and materials you use, the better! Lace, fabrics, glitters, sand, you name it!
6. Bring out your inner Picasso by drawing simple sketches into your scrapbook.
8. Incorporating entertaining games will add a playful touch to your scrapbook.
10. Use the map of the visited country or the colours of the flag as a background.
11. Alphabet stencils will help you create beautiful letters in no time.
13. What better way is there to show your love for a person than with tons of hearts!
15. Embellish your scrapbook pages by using washi tape. For instance you can create borders, picture frames and birthday flags with it.
17. You can use as many stickers as you like for this job but then again don’t make it too crazy.
These were my 20 romantic scrapbook ideas. I certainly hope that these tips were helpful to you and that you’re now ready to start scrapbooking yourself. The most important thing to truly remember is to just have fun with it! Good luck!
Until next time,