I’m super excited to tell you that I’m nominated for the Liebster Award 2018! The Liebster Award is a virtual award that was founded in 2011 and is given to bloggers by bloggers ever since. I really want to thank Layla from De Slanke Sloeber for nominating me. I’m flattered and I really appreciate that you thought of me. Layla also asked me to answer a couple of questions about me and my blog. But before we head further to the questions, let me tell you more about The Liebster Award.
The Liebster Award
So what exactly is The Liebster Award? The Liebster Award is a virtual award that is given to bloggers by bloggers. It’s a way to support your fellow bloggers and acknowledge someone’s hard work. Since the person that nominates you wants to get to know you better, she will ask you eleven questions for you to answer. Besides answering these questions, the nominee has to nominate five other bloggers. Also she has to come up with eleven questions as well. Later in this blog post I will reveal who I nominated for The Liebster Award.
The 11 questions from Layla and my answers
1. Who are you?
My name is Sherana, I’m twenty-five years old and I live in Rotterdam. A fews years ago I discovered my passion for writing and that’s when I decided to start blogging. Besides blogging, I love to cook and travel as much as possible.
2. Who or what makes you happy?
When I’m comfortable in my own skin, I’m definitely at my happiest. That’s why I exercise regularly and eat healthy. Well, except on my cheat days of course hihi. Being creative, traveling the world and spending time with my loved ones make me very happy as well.
3. What is your worst quality?
Since I’m a perfectionist it’s difficult for me to delegate tasks and trust others to get the job done. To be honest, it’s exhausting! So I’m working on letting loose and relax more.
4.What are you grateful for?
Well, this is going to sound very cliche, but I’m most grateful that my loved ones and I are healthy.
5. If you were to give your 12-year-old advice, what would it be?
What I would probably say to my 12-year-old self is to don’t be so afraid all the time. Stop being afraid to fail, stand up for yourself and don’t stress about what people might say. Follow your heart because people are going to have their opinion anyway.
6. What is your favorite cookbook?
I don’t really have a favorite cookbook but I do get really inspired by cooks like Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson and Poh Ling Yeow.
7. What would be a perfect day to you?
A perfect day to me is one with a healthy balance between being active and relaxation. For example: I would start the day with a good breakfast and then go shopping or explore a new city. In the afternoon I would relax on a terrace along the water and then end the afternoon at the movies.
8. What is at the top of your bucket list?
I have tons of things left on my bucket list, but celebrating NYE on Times Square some day would definitely be at the very top of it.
9. Did you know my blog (Deslankesloeber.nl)?
Yes I did ever since we met on the Foodies Breakfast earlier this year.
10. How long do you blog yourself?
I’ve been blogging for two years already.
11. Which blog article did you like to write?
The blog posts that I enjoy writing the most are definitely my travel posts. I love sharing my experiences and give tips and tricks to my readers.
My 11 questions to you
1. Who are you?
2. What makes you happy?
3. What do you like most about blogging?
4. What is your favorite dish?
5. Who is your role model?
6. What is the best compliment you ever received?
7. Without which makeup item you will never leave the house?
8. What would you do with 1 million euros?
9. Which three things would you bring with you to an uninhabited island?
10. What things do you still want to achieve in life?
11. If you could meet someone (again), dead or alive, who would it be?
Rules for the nominees
– Thank the person that has nominated you.
– Post a link to the blog of the person that has nominated you.
– Embed the logo of The Liebster Award on your blog.
– Answer the eleven questions from the person that has nominated you.
– Nominate five other blogs.
– Decide which eleven questions your nominees have to answer.
– Let your nominees know that you nominated them and send them the link of your blog post.
– Copy the rules into your own blog post.
Layla, thanks again for nominating me for The Liebster Award!